Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE?
(06-20-2023, 01:16 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Not sure why this new rebuilt site does that but it also deletes PM's that we send every once in a while, not just post, likely a glitch in the matrix Undecided .
Glad to hear it worked out so well, when I did mine, on my old boat years ago, that would have been a better idea, than removing the whole floor. I never thought about not removing the old floor plus it was a riveted hull and I need to replace a few rivets but since it was in three sections, I could have just removed one section, fixed the rivets, then put it back down. What I found was that it was hard to hit the ribs, because they were so narrow, so I ended up drilling a few extra holes trying to hit the ribs.

I hear ya there wiper. My boat actually had 3 sections also but, I had done a lot of research on replacing floors in boats and most of all, I found that the majority, after they got into tearing out the old floor actually got so frustrated that they ended up scrapping the project and many of them just never finished the replacement project and junked the boat. Now I know that my boat, a 1972 Reinell is probably towards the end of it's life, but, it still has a lot of good years left in it with some TLC. I dont remember if I got the idea of just placing the new floor over the old one from someone or it was just a plain fart in a skillet, but, I just thought that the old floor, weak in places as it was, would still give some strength to the new floor so I just put the new floor over the part of the old floor that had issues. So thats what I did and for me it works. So, i hope it just gives others some more ideas on replacing the floors of their boats other than just going gang busters and tear out the old floor and then have to just scrap the project. 

Good luck everyone and keep your lines tight Smile

Messages In This Thread
RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 05-23-2023, 01:48 PM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 05-24-2023, 12:02 PM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by kentd71 - 05-26-2023, 05:54 AM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 06-18-2023, 02:39 PM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 06-19-2023, 11:05 PM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 06-20-2023, 12:54 PM
RE: RIRIE? IS IT WORTH THE CHANCE? - by duksnfish - 06-21-2023, 01:46 PM