Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO)
(08-26-2023, 12:29 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and video Pat, that was some great action, even if the size wasn't the best, tugs are tugs. Looked like some very calm conditions for DC and not getting harassed by the power squad had to be a big plus along with the overcast day. I don't remember there being a cleaning station at that location, do you take them home to process or do you go to the Island ramp to take care of them?

I haven't heard of anybody scoring a good catch of larger 'eyes from DC this year.  They gotta be in there but where?  Maybe it will be better in the fall.

The calm and quiet were almost spooky.  Can't remember when I have fished DC without having to dodge boats and listen to a constant barrage of  motor noise and loud music.  It is usually better for walleye when there is a chop on the water...either from breezes or boat wakes.  But the continual overcast probably helped some.

The only cleaning station is at the main park entrance.  I seldom stop there unless I have a load of perch or something.  And there haven't been enough perch the past decade to even make a meal on most trips.  However, on this trip I caught more perch than usual...and most of them were right at 8"...with one fat 9" and the footlong.  So maybe it will improve for perch in the next year or two.

(08-26-2023, 01:27 AM)Kent Wrote: Nice video Pat.  I enjoyed the lack of music.

Thank you sir.  Just for you.

For what it's worth, I agree with you...that background music can be annoying...especially on a lot of the TV shows these days.  My hearing is not as great as it used to be either and there are some programs where the loudness of the music drowns out all the dialogue.  And I think of you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO) - by TubeDude - 08-26-2023, 12:38 PM