Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been fishing the berry lately ?
(09-01-2023, 03:20 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 06:15 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 04:08 PM)gofish435 Wrote: I fished there on Monday with three other guys on toons/tubes in the Bryant's Fork area.  We were all fly fishing.  We fished for 7 hours and picked up about an even mix of cutthroats and rainbows with a total of 26 fish.  It was pretty slow for us.  We found the fish either near the surface or down to about 20'.  There is some algae there but from what I understand it's not as bad as some other parts of the reservoir.
Water temps were 66-69 degrees and visibility in the water of about 6'.  Water level is still good at almost 90%.

Good luck when you go

Thanks buddy , I don't think that the fishing this year has been great anywhere. But I'm working on going up there and pay my dues again. LOL Thanks for your help.

No strawberry advice for ya but it has been one of our best years in a long time in the Uintas. Of course Kent would not even classify our catches as sturgeon bait but them nephews and nieces had big Smiles.

They would probably make excellent sturgeon bait.  Trout are a favorite sturgeon bait.  Some anglers exclusively fish with rainbow trout morts (from the trout farms) for bait.  I doubt your fish are as small as those trout morts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone been fishing the berry lately ? - by Kent - 09-16-2023, 01:21 AM