Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat
Report back, I had my first day on the water with the new batteries and wow that was nice to have them do what they are supposed to do and never fade... Only issue I had was they are long enough I can't put them cross wise in my battery compartment and they are too wide to go side by side, so I had to position them in opposite directions, but that comes from two big batteries size 31 I believe... they are about 14" long... But as far as performance goes, they were excellent... When I learn how to run my motor better, it will be really great, right now it was kind of a comic show watching me try to drive the boat... You guys never mentioned that driving a bow mount trolling motor is more difficult than it looks, requires a certain amount of waiting for the system to respond before you put further inputs into the system.. it also might be low batteries in the remote, but I have a learning curve of how to make the remote commands get to the motor and then getting the boat to do what I need to have happen... About now I'm really having an appreciation for the commercial when the guy back his boat in, it takes off on it's own and meets him at the dock where he steps in and goes fishing... Yeah right, that had to take some practice... Later Jeff

PS... I got the new to me bow mount troller last spring, but due to battery issues hadn't really been able to use it much until yesterday's trip..
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat - by SkunkedAgain - 12-07-2023, 04:31 PM