Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat
Jeff,

You need to make YouTube your most watched computer URL this winter.  There are dozens upon dozens of videos on there that deal with all matters Minn Kota.  Here is one such video that details the two different Autopilot ('N' button) modes - Advanced & Legacy.

Minn Kota i-Pilot Autopilot Modes Explained: Advanced vs Legacy (youtube.com)

There are other on-the-water videos that show you how the Autopilot function works in real time.  I use Autopilot Advanced mode for 95% of my trolling.

I leave my remote in the glovebox on the boat and I always carry 2 or 3 spare remote batteries in the glovebox as well.  I think there are rechargeable versions of the remote that would require you to take the remote off the boat to recharge it, but I don't have that version.  If you don't as well, then just leave it on the boat all the time.

There is another function on the remote that can be helpful at times, but will discharge your trolling batteries faster.  That function is called 'Cruse Control'.  That function will try to maintain a set GPS speed for the boat regardless of current or wind.  Running against the wind or current will cause the trolling motor to increase motor rpm's to maintain the set speed.  Running with the wind or current will cause the motor rpm's to decrease or even shut off to maintain the set speed.  I use it sparingly so as not to drain my trolling motor batteries and shortening my usable batteries work time.

There are other functions that are helpful for aiding your fishing adventures while trolling or anchored.  As I said at the beginning, learn how to use the YouTube channel to your full advantage.  Good luck with your new toy.  See you one the ice - soon.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat - by dubob - 12-09-2023, 02:51 PM