Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ice forming in the narrows
(12-27-2023, 03:01 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 01:12 AM)Humbadingo Wrote: Looking at the DOT traffic cam there is ice starting to form in the narrows. "Usually" when ice is forming in the narrows, there is fishable ice at Browning point or around Cemetery point. Has anyone been up there that could verify? 
Also i remember something about losing lake access at Browning point? Does anyone have info on this?

I plan on doing ice recon this weekend at East Canyon and Pineview and will report my findings. 

Disclaimer: 
I am not stating that there is safe fishable ice on Pineview. As always use caution when venturing out on the ice.

I stood on the road up from the caretaker's buildings late afternoon on Christmas Day and chucked a couple rocks through it.  It was easily less than 2" thick and soft.  

The Narrows were almost completely iced over, but there were plenty of open patches here and there throughout the reservoir.  Cemetery Point seemed to have ice near shore and patchy open water further out all around.

Please don't chuck rocks onto the ice.  After it snows, those chucked rocks, that don't go through the ice, destroy augers that are unfortunate enough to hit one.  Been there and done that and hope to never do it again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pineview ice forming in the narrows - by Kent - 12-27-2023, 05:44 PM
RE: Pineview ice forming in the narrows - by Kent - 12-29-2023, 11:21 PM