Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting the Garden to bed for the Winter
(01-28-2024, 02:34 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 11:32 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 04:11 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 10:53 PM)jjannie Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 05:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Hopefully who won't have too many bugs? Not sure what that last paragraph means Undecided
Still haven't made it out there to check yet, our project and some appointments just keep interfering with the plan - maybe today. if we're lucky.

LOL, now I know what you mean by too many bugs, in the carrots. I was having a hard time figuring that out.
Finally made it out today as Jeff didn't need me in the shop. No bugs at all just brown tops for the most part. some of the under-developed carrots were pretty soft though. Still, I got about 1/2 a 5gal bucket of them. We don't eat very many at a time anyway.

Sounds like a good haul.
It was, Jeff was very surprised and happy about them. It sure beats wasting them.  It's been such a weird winter, kind of makes you want to get out and garden in the greenhouse. It's certainly not looking to too nice for doing much safe ice fishing this year. We're glad we've got our wood project to work on. We're almost to the stage of staining the wood and then adding the hardware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putting the Garden to bed for the Winter - by jjannie - 01-29-2024, 10:25 PM