Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need A New Float Tube.....Which One?
Believe me, in the (many) decades I have been float tubing I have experienced just about any kind of seat and comfort situation you can imagine.  The manufacturers have a tough time pleasing everbody because every body is different in size, shape and comfort requirements.  So whatever you end up buying you are likely to need to make some adjustments or modifications to be able to spend a long time afloat without suffering muscle spasms, dislocations or worse.

On the subject of foam vs inflatable...I vote for foam.  All inflatable seats are subject to punctures or valve problems.  And the wrong time to find you have a problem is while you are afloat and fishing.  My worst inflatable seat situation was with a Dave Scadden H3 Freestyle tube.  The inflatable seat was made in China and on about my third use the stitching in the corrugations started  popping and the seat turned into a big round balloon instead of a nice comfy ridged seat. (See attached pic)

And since I am tall...and heavy...I also require a tall rigid back support.  Ain't no float tubes I have tried that provide either.  So I have gone through a lot of modifications and add ons...like office seats, patio chairs, etc.  (See attachment PDF file)
[Image: H3-CUSHION.jpg]

Attached Files
.pdf   TUBE SEATS & BACKRESTS.pdf (Size: 462.3 KB / Downloads: 22)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need A New Float Tube.....Which One? - by TubeDude - 02-17-2024, 05:21 PM