Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yup, another Rockport Trip...Wed. 2-28
We knew we were having a couple REALLY cold nites at RP, and this morning when we arrived it was 8*..finger numbing weather..MWScott and I met at 0730, headed down, found solid edges and safe enough ice conditions..our initial drilling found about 40 FOW, but mostly just dink perch, so we moved out to about 45 FOW, closer to the middle...seeing more fish, getting bites, still extremely cold, so tents went up..Here I stayed 'til 1230, MW had to leave earlier..many short periods of a 'hot' bite, many short periods of 'no' bite, and longer periods of a slow, but consistent bite is what I experienced today..fresh eyeball and flavored cut perch meat pcs best again, and red spikes provided very fast hits from the smaller perch..Nice meeting Mildog out there today..he came out later and set up further South, but we met up at the end of our fishing day..I know he and MW also did really good on these mostly 8 to 9.5" average perch..I did have one 10"er, all others kept were in that average range..30 was my limit....Guluk if you're still hitting the ice..MW and I still walked with ice probes, and wore our life jackets...never assume it's safe..

Messages In This Thread
Yup, another Rockport Trip...Wed. 2-28 - by Jmorfish - 02-29-2024, 06:24 AM