Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP on the soft water..Wed. 4-3
1 month ago was my last outing at Rockport on ice, today first outing on the soft surface...glad we went... I knew it'd be cold when we got there, so we arrived later, 0830, still only about 35*...I still like to use my canoe for the first couple outings, then my bigger boat starting in May...electric troller works great on it..Windy when we launched and fishing by 0900, heading toward the dam area...decent bite, mostly 7 or 8 feet down early, then about 10 to 12 feet down after 1100, when the wind completely stopped and temp also warmed up nicely...chartreus best early for me, but pink/silver hoochie and later rainbow spoon also got good hook-ups..buddy had some troubles catching, but he had multiple hits also..all tipped with 1" pc nite crawler today...good quality 'bows, 14 to 18", average about 15"..Very fun A.M., especially for smaller craft when the wind stopped..at least 1/2 doz. single person 'yaks, pontoon puddlers, float tubers out, and at least 1/2 doz larger boats also...most of the larger boats went South, toward the inlet area...Guluk...

Messages In This Thread
RP on the soft water..Wed. 4-3 - by Jmorfish - 04-04-2024, 03:02 AM
RE: RP on the soft water..Wed. 4-3 - by Jmorfish - 04-04-2024, 04:50 PM
RE: RP on the soft water..Wed. 4-3 - by Jmorfish - 04-05-2024, 03:58 AM