Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flaming Gorge shore report with a wheelchair
(04-07-2024, 05:49 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 02:11 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Made it to Flaming Gorge. Fished from the shore near the pipeline.  Was a bit late getting there. Took Cookies parents along. Fishing was slow. We caught a few in each location we tried with spinners and spoons and jigs but never very many. They were in deeper than expected as we normally find them crusing shallows this early.
Odd thing - we did not a catch a fish with bait - none on worms or powerbait. That is very unusual for shore fishing the Gorge  Joe from BFT dropped by on his boat. Always nice to chat with fellow BFT friends. He had a Smile on his face but I won't share his results. Will let him if he is inclined. 

We tried to highlight the challenges of getting Buckwheat and his wheelchair into this location in the video. Sometime we can get him to the water and sometimes not. This was a tought one.

Also cooked up a chuckwagon stew recipe from Cowboy Kent. I highly recommend this stew. 

https://youtu.be/RN24wNf40mY?si=XfMqENKcAQt1FFT7
You are such a hell of a Dad.  I'm trying, but when I have to do it all alone, it can just be too much to be practical.

I appreciate the compliment but like you I am just another guy sorting out his world as best he can

(04-07-2024, 10:04 PM)lovetofish Wrote: Good for you taking the in-laws but mostly taking your son. I'm sure he likes going along. You and your wife are special people.

Txs. It my wife who is special. I am just the muscle that keeps the wheels turning
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flaming Gorge shore report with a wheelchair - by Cowboypirate - 04-08-2024, 01:19 AM