Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake still slow 4 11 2024
As usual, nice report Jim. I got out Saturday evening but did not get to fish much cuz I had three gg-granddaughters with me all of them demanding my full attention at the same time. Still passing on the tradition; got my boys hooked, my grandkids, and working on gg-grandkids. This is good.

Started fishing by the Lincoln springs for cats or whities or anything that would bite. Nothing interested in crawlers on the bottom but did notice a few -- very few, wb popping the surface. Switched the girls over to crawlers 3-4 feet under bobbers and had a little more interest. Girls each managed to catch a wb. The water temp touched 60 degrees just before sundown. This is good.

I was plenty busy managing kids, poles, and baiting hooks when I hooked myself in the crotch during a careless moment... needle nose pliers and some awkward contortions and I was free. The girls thought it was very funny that their grandpa got hooked down there. Fortunately, the hook only penetrated Levis so nothing catastrophic. This is good.

The white bass seem to be bunching up a bit in anticipation of their annual orgy. The cats and the carp will be warming up soon. The action will pick up soon.

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake still slow 4 11 2024 - by Piscophilic - 04-15-2024, 04:15 PM
RE: Utah Lake still slow 4 11 2024 - by Boatloadakids - 04-15-2024, 07:21 PM