Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting out for some fishing?
(06-06-2024, 10:37 PM)MMDon Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 01:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 04:27 AM)MMDon Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 10:07 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 08:10 PM)MMDon Wrote: I've fished the Springer Run in Oregon for Chinook for 3 different

weeks and it was lights out each trip. Spectacular fishing and great scenery!

Nice, too bad they don't grow that big in fresh water.

The F&G in many Western states screwed up our Kokanee so bad they were able to kill off whole 3 year generations in multiple lakes by planting diseased fish. I finally just sold my boat so I could spend my time on coastal rivers and eventually retire in Oregon. 

Those are truly some amazing fish, you must eat a lot of salmon. Do you think that was one of the reasons the koke fishing or catching has been in a decline the last few years, because the F&G planted diseased fish?

Thank you. I eat fish 4 times a week. If we weren't seeing repeats of this problem in most Western fisheries I would probably blame an anomaly on the biomass but to have Anderson look like Ririe is a bridge to far. I think it's an internal fish production problem that when released in the lake takes out most of the fish in a common shoal. It's the only way you lost 3 years of fish every time.
Well that's a bummer. Alan(2knots), is up at Anderson ranch this week, hope he has better luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone getting out for some fishing? - by wiperhunter2 - 06-07-2024, 12:17 AM