Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting out for some fishing?
(06-07-2024, 10:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 08:16 PM)MMDon Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 12:17 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 10:37 PM)MMDon Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 01:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Those are truly some amazing fish, you must eat a lot of salmon. Do you think that was one of the reasons the koke fishing or catching has been in a decline the last few years, because the F&G planted diseased fish?

Thank you. I eat fish 4 times a week. If we weren't seeing repeats of this problem in most Western fisheries I would probably blame an anomaly on the biomass but to have Anderson look like Ririe is a bridge to far. I think it's an internal fish production problem that when released in the lake takes out most of the fish in a common shoal. It's the only way you lost 3 years of fish every time.
Well that's a bummer. Alan(2knots), is up at Anderson ranch this week, hope he has better luck.
I've known Alan for 20 years. Hopefully they will score. A lot of people haven't done much better than a couple per day.
Here is what Alan caught today, so it appears things are improving at AR.

[Image: anderson-ranch-kokes.jpg]

I had heard of a decent report from Anderson Ranch earlier this year as well.  Have never made the trip over there though.  

As far as Ririe Kokanee are concerned, I know that a big concern in the past was predation by the illegally introduced walleyes.  According to last fall, there seems to be more of them in there right now.  Couple that with F&G stocking tiger and lake trout and there are more mouths to feed... just a thought.

Finally, made it to Oakley recently... 12 rainbows and one walleye in a full day of trolling and casting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone getting out for some fishing? - by psanders71 - 06-10-2024, 09:30 PM