Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAWTOOTHS rockhounding Dusky Quartz
(07-06-2024, 09:27 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 02:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-06-2024, 02:06 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Great question. Like most rockhounders I have a few display areas in my house for my favorite finds. Some are rare or high quality and some are just related to fond memories. And like most rockhounders I have boxes stored of all the others that I have great plans for projects like cutting and polishing that will likely never happen. I guess rockhounding is an excersise in exploring for us and the thrill of the hunt in wild places. The big difference between rockhounding and deer hunting is you can eat the deer but rock soup  - not so much...

Have you ever looked for those green rocks they have in Southern Utah?  Sorry, not sure what they are called.
I have chased a number of copper bearing  rocks which often have a green coloration but I don't think that is what you are referring to.
No, I don't think this has anything to do with copper. My neighbor has a rock garden with this rock in it, I'll take a pic of one, so you can get an idea what I'm talking about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAWTOOTHS rockhounding Dusky Quartz - by wiperhunter2 - 07-06-2024, 11:56 PM