Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard S. Marina...Hot - Not 7-9-24
(07-09-2024, 10:19 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 09:35 PM)dubob Wrote: As always Pat, I'm enjoying your adventures through the Internet.  I'm also 'confined to quarters' for a couple weeks, but due to a bathroom remodel vs health issues.  No fishing unless late afternoon for at least 3 weeks.  Hopefully there be some fish left when I get back out.  Best wishes for TBs recovery from the surgery.  Take care.
Thankee sir.  Good luck with the remodeling.  Always a good test for your patience and stamina.  

By the way, I tried your suggestion for the shower.  No bites.  So I decided to hit Willard.  I'm thinking of mixing it up now with Deer Creek and maybe Rockport.  That is, if I can get my better half better.  I usually start letting Willard humiliate me again after Labor Day.  Can't believe how many power squadroners there are at all the better fishing holes these days...and starting early.

Pat,
I went on a friend's boat this past Tuesday on Deer creek. We fished several locations, including Charleston, between the island and the mainland, near the island, and Scott's Hollow. We caught walleye, smallmouth bass, perch, and even one bluegill. No trout were hurt in our efforts. The best action came on a jig and worm, dragged in. The perch were as big as the walleye, thirteen inches long. We only got bites when we were near weed lines. Good luck if you head up to Deer creek. Water temps were 72. Nothing caught deeper than 20 ft of water. Best wishes to Tube Babe.
Gabe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard S. Marina...Hot - Not 7-9-24 - by Freakyfisherman - 07-11-2024, 12:30 PM