Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Weber Browns on micro jigs
Where can ya slip in a quick trip between thunder bumpers and lighting strikes. Well that answer turned out to be the walk-in area of the Weber below Rockport. 

Now I know a lot of people whip thier flyrods to a froth along that strech including some guide services. Figured they are better at it than me so I decided to give the fish something differnt to look at.

Grabed my trusty noodle rod with some ultra light line and a handful of Tubedudes finest in tiny jigs - like the smallest I had from him.

Ran them like I was throwing nymphs letting them bounce down the current and into holes.
 and under banks. 

The browns gave thier approval with heroic jumps and tail wags after they figured out they had been hornswaggled.

Got some of the best Browns I have caught in sometime. About gave a poor old cowboy a heart attack hooping and hollering that much. 

A brown kinda chartreuse did the best with a white and a black getting some love too.

I could only stay an hr or so before I had to get back and tend to Cookie ( recovering from surgery) wonder how it would turned out with a bit more time

Thanks Pat. I have caught 6 different type a critters on them little jigs this summer. Not counting my hat twice on poorly time casts. 

That area is artifical lure only in case ya try it and you either need written permission from a landowner or to be enrolled in the walk-in program ( free) . It is all private land.

Video link. Don't mind me gushing on a bit. They had me a bit excited.

https://youtu.be/4yAN8nS2w9o
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
Middle Weber Browns on micro jigs - by Cowboypirate - 08-16-2024, 02:08 AM
RE: Middle Weber Browns on micro jigs - by JazzyM - 08-26-2024, 10:38 PM