Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting a Cannon mag 5 to a mag 10
(08-26-2024, 02:38 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 10:24 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I've had mag 5's for years now, one on each side of the boat but once I added a third one to my boat I found that was a problem, because they kept getting my gear tangled between the front and back riggers, because the booms were the same size. Ira added a mag 10 boom to his mag 5, to have that longer boom that the mag 10 has and it seemed to solve the problem. I did a little research and found one on line for $61.94, which included shipping, just finished installing the longer boom, so we will see how it works the next time I get out in my boat. I'm not sure if that is the only difference between a Cannon mag 5 and mag 10 but as long as it works I guess that's what matters. Have any of you ever done this upgrade to your mag 5? If so, how did it work for you?

Yes the only difference is the boom, I put one of my older telescoping booms on one of my mag 5 and it works just like it should. Did you add your 3rd down rigger to one of the back corners, and do you have it facing back so that it is at a 90 degrees angle to the one coming off the side, I would link that would solve the problem as well.
I actually had two, one screw for the end that holds the wheel and one where it mounts to the DRer frame but it was pretty easy. There was also that ring that goes around the boom, where you hook the cable clip to, when not being used.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Converting a Cannon mag 5 to a mag 10 - by wiperhunter2 - 08-26-2024, 02:54 AM