Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat trailer alignment
(08-27-2024, 05:22 PM)brookie Wrote: Since I purchased my current boat in 2018 I have been disappointed with the tire life - both tires wear on the outside. This has been even more pronounced this year as I have not had a long term camp at Strawberry. With the long term camp I was towing the boat from camp to the launch, not a long way. This year I have been towing from home all summer and really noticed the tire wear. I wasn't sure about tire alignment on boat trailers. 
I found a really good shop in Springville to do the alignment today. I was really impressed, he put computers on both sides and had a hydraulic mechanism to accurately adjust the axel. It was not cheap $160 but this is the second time this year I have changed the tires. If I get a year (and I hope more) my next set of tires (that I don't need) would pay for the alignment. Here is hoping for more than 6 months on a set of tires.

Years ago, I went thru unnecessary tire wear but not as bad as described here by brookie. I found a place on Wall Ave in Ogden that did trailer alignment that did the original single axle and later a new axle change. Even the new needed alignment. Since then, the business has gone thru new ownership changing names 2 additional times. The 2nd business continued on with trailer alignments but not the 3rd business. To update this, I have no idea if the 3rd business has since brought in any one to do alignments. However, I'm sure there are others around that may do trailer alignments. Now have a different boat & trailer which is an easy loader with tandem torsion axles. Have no issues with tire wear. I've replaced tires since 2016 twice. The only bummer now is shopping for a good quality trailer tire & pricing. Some of the tires sold have poor reviews which brings to my mind as "May Pops".  Huh
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF

Messages In This Thread
Boat trailer alignment - by brookie - 08-27-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by Bduck - 08-28-2024, 11:50 AM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by wiperhunter2 - 08-28-2024, 01:05 PM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by brookie - 08-28-2024, 04:04 PM