Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat trailer alignment
(08-27-2024, 05:22 PM)brookie Wrote: Since I purchased my current boat in 2018 I have been disappointed with the tire life - both tires wear on the outside. This has been even more pronounced this year as I have not had a long term camp at Strawberry. With the long term camp I was towing the boat from camp to the launch, not a long way. This year I have been towing from home all summer and really noticed the tire wear. I wasn't sure about tire alignment on boat trailers. 
I found a really good shop in Springville to do the alignment today. I was really impressed, he put computers on both sides and had a hydraulic mechanism to accurately adjust the axel. It was not cheap $160 but this is the second time this year I have changed the tires. If I get a year (and I hope more) my next set of tires (that I don't need) would pay for the alignment. Here is hoping for more than 6 months on a set of tires.

Glad you found a place to do your boat trailer alignment John. Over the years we have had several threads like this, where members were having the same problem. Guess it's just a matter of finding the right shop, that knows what they are doing to get them aligned properly. How many places did you have to call to find the guy you used?

Messages In This Thread
Boat trailer alignment - by brookie - 08-27-2024, 05:22 PM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by Bduck - 08-28-2024, 11:50 AM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by wiperhunter2 - 08-28-2024, 01:05 PM
RE: Boat trailer alignment - by brookie - 08-28-2024, 04:04 PM