Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard N. Marina 8-27-24 (With Video)
(08-31-2024, 10:35 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Great video Pat, I especially enjoyed the view from Willard peak. Reminds me of jumping out of ogden. We Would always gain altitude near Willard peak and the view is spectacular. I do have a question on the wiper, you said you were avoiding the gill plate? Are they sharp?
Most of the fish from Willard can be hazardous to your tender flesh...if you mishandle them.  Most folks know about the catfish spines.  But even perch can cause "weight loss" either from getting spined or else cut on their sharp gill covers too.  Walleyes are similarly hazardous.  And all members of the "rockfish" family...stripers, white bass and wipers have sharp protuberances on their gill covers that can cut like razors.  A good reason to handle carefully...or to wear thin gloves as I do more often these days.  

I have heard tell that there is a road up the back to Willard Peak and that it has been the site of some wing suit jumping.  Not for me.  But a heck of a view, fer sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard N. Marina 8-27-24 (With Video) - by TubeDude - 08-31-2024, 11:28 PM