Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Record B Run Steelhead Season Predicted
I read this report last week https://idfg.idaho.gov/article/idahos-st...te-8282024 predicting a record run of B Run Steelhead returning to the Clearwater River in Lewiston Idaho and knew I needed to get up there this year, Before I moved to Utah in 2013 I lived in Moscow Idaho for 13 years and successfully caught these 12-20# steelhead each fall and winter on the Clearwater river. A trip quickly came together with Brookie, Stan55 and my buddy Lawson. We are leaving from my house on Oct. 24th driving up to Lewiston and staying in a house that I have booked, we are launching the boat each evening Thursday through Saturday night and returning on Sunday. The plan is to launch near the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater rivers around sunset and fish lighted plugs in the slack water where they load and unload barges. In the past I have flat lined Brads lighted magnum wigglers set back 70' at 1.5 to catch them. I cant find any of them this time, but have found an alternative called Night Strike that we will use. I encourage any of you guys that are interested in catching world class steelhead to put a trip together on your own or with a guide this year. I have been going through my tackle and could use a couple 8.5' medium heavy spinning rods and a couple Abu Garcia  5500 series level winds or similar Shimano level winds as mine from back in the day are worn out. I would be willing to purchase them or trade them for a trip in my boat to Strawberry, Willard or Jordanelle for the species of your choice Kokanee, Trout, Wipers, Walleye or catfish. Let me know what you have lets talk.

Messages In This Thread
Idaho Record B Run Steelhead Season Predicted - by obifishkenobi - 09-05-2024, 11:14 PM