Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake fist time
I had a great flig making lesson with Pat on Thursday, I walked out of his fish emporium with tackle and a rod that needed to get some action. I headed to Utah lake early Friday morning to try out a place I’ve never fished. Launched at Lincoln marina about 6am. I worked the dock area for about 30 minutes looking for WB with no luck. Cruised out to about 4.5 fow and started trolling the fligs. I didn’t have any luck until I hit about 9 feet of water. I returned that 26 inch cat and kept working an area for a few hours and picked up a total of six cats ranging between 26 and 30 inches topping out at almost 11 pounds. I need to get better at taking pics and proving my fish stories. On my Final retrieval when cleaning up, I picked up a little white bass. I met a few anglers at the dock that we talked for quite some time and gave me plenty of tips. I may not have such a bad taste in my mouth for Utah lake. Buzz blade fire tiger and a purple perch were the best fligs. Much thanks to tubedude for all the time he spent giving me the flig lessons. 
[Image: IMG-1326.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1329.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1333.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Utah lake fist time - by Redrebel - 09-21-2024, 02:48 PM
RE: Utah lake fist time - by TubeDude - 09-21-2024, 02:59 PM