Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premature Perch Search...Willard 10-1-24
(10-02-2024, 09:53 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Had a couple of requests to post some more info on making the "pistachio" color combo...the chartreuse with 3 red spots.  That's all I used to call it until someone suggested pistachio...and I liked it.

Easy to use for making new lures or "repurposing" old lures that don't work well.  Start with a good base coat of white.  The hot colors show up better over white.  One good coat of chartreuse yellow.  A highlight coat of disco yellow glitter.  Use the end of a dowel to make the 3 spots of flame red.  Coat with clear coat and then UV Ultra Blast for best depth and shine.

I have done well on this color for many species on many waters...fresh and salt.  It is especially good for repainting ineffective crankbaits you bought on special but never catch anything.  But it is wunnerful for spinner blades, spinner bodies and jigs too.  Of course I use it on a variety of flig sizes and shapes. 

Here are some pics from Utah Lake, Deer Creek and Willard.  Got tons of pics of cats and perch but here are some other species as well.
[Image: BLUEGILL.jpg]  [Image: CHART-RED-SPOT.jpg] [Image: DROPPER-PERCH.jpg] [Image: PERCH-2.jpg]
[Image: SWEET-I6.jpg] [Image: WALLEYE-6.jpg] [Image: WHITIE.png]

Thanks Pat I am working on some.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Premature Perch Search...Willard 10-1-24 - by oldguy - 10-02-2024, 10:17 PM