Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT- Questions about Utah - OT
I am a Utah native. Born in Payson, and raised in Spanish Fork. I moved to Huntington Beach when I was 16. Had a nice little apt. off Talbert about a mile from the beach. I will admit that getting off work, jogging to the beach for a little body surfing, then jogging back home for a soak and a drink in the hot tub didn't suck. I must say that the weather was somewhat OK too.

After a few years, I ended up by mile square park off Brookhurst, which I liked very much. But I was missing the mountains. I tried driving above Orange, and even talked some of my co-workers into a Big-Bear ski trip to try to deal with it, but it just wasn't the same.

I moved back to Utah, and have been here since. The only thing I miss about CA is the beach. I like having four seasons and real mountains. I now live in Roosevelt in the Uinta Basin. Kayote has some very good points about the area out here. The only down side is a 2.5-3 hour drive to get to S.L.C.; that is if you really need to choke on the air and crave overpopulation, or just need a good cup of coffee.[Wink]

Utah does have a lot to offer for anyone that enjoys the outdoor life. There is as much to do outdoors as anywhere else I've been in the U.S., and a lot less of the tree-huggers you encounter in some other states. Not that I'm against conservation, I'm just against anyone else trying to force thier lifestyle on me. It seems that some areas are getting more and more of these people, but it isn't too bad yet.

You have the right idea about where to look for living quarters here. Find something just outside the I-15 corridor and you will have a lot better life. If I were to move, I would probably move to Logan if I were to stay in Utah. Thompson Falls area in Montana, or St. Maries area in Idaho.

I hope that wherever you and your family decide to go to, that all of you find happiness. Good luck.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
OT- Questions about Utah - OT - by theangler - 03-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Re: [theangler] OT- Questions about Utah - OT - by Curtisfish - 04-02-2004, 08:32 PM