Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay south marina
Bowboy,I was with a co-worker Friday evening in his boat and we launched from the south marina. There is only 2' of water at the docks, when you get to the canal it drops to 8' then just as your entering the bay it comes back up to 2'6". If you do launch at the south marina favor the right side just a little and be careful.

We had quite the adventure when we launched Friday evening at the south marina. I wanted to meet at the north marina, after waiting 45 minutes and he did not show up I went to the south marina and there he was waitng for me. (Maybe I did say south marina but I meant north marina). We decided to go for it anyway. We made our way out of the marina with an electric trolling motor just as we got to the bay we hit a rock and broke the prop off. The wind was blowing and it blew us up against the dike and we where stuck. Then we pushed the boat with a pole back to the center of the canal (favoring the right side) and fired up the 30 hp motor. The wind was blowing really hard and the white caps where coming right inside the boat. That boat was too small and sat too low in the water. After 15 mintues of fishing we decided to call it quits before we killed our selves.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard bay south marina - by Bowboy - 04-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Re: [Bowboy] Willard bay south marina - by MGB - 04-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Re: [MGB] Willard bay south marina - by PREDATOR - 04-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Re: [Bowboy] Willard bay south marina - by wando - 04-16-2004, 07:08 PM