Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown
I read some great responses to Jackpot Etiquette on the Allcoast Message boards. It still is an incredible debate without clear definition. <br><br>My personal opinion is this:<br><br>Dead Heads (a person that got to ride for free) give up the entire Jackpot to the crew, pay for their galley tab and tip the cook accordingly. Fish cleaning should be comped by the crew. <br><br>On a paid ticket to ride. I believe that the entire pot should be given to the crew. In return, the crew would clean your fish for free and give you atleast one or more passes to ride depending on the amount of the jackpot and the cost of the trip. . <br><br>If your fishing the Polaris, Star, Supreme, Excel, 105, Rooster and some of the other Long Range boats a free ticket is probably a bit much, but a percentage discount for your next trip would be appropriate.<br><br>It is fairly common on most boats that the tips are pooled. Some crew members work harder and service clients better than others, no doubt. <br>Captains and crews spend a lot of time on the water which can add an incredible amount of fatigue and at times irritability. I know that when I get off an overnighter, I am burnt, all I can think about is my bed and the remote, the crewz are going back out to do it again whether the fishing is good or bad.......<br><br>It's a tough job. The crews Depend on the tips and the fact that the fish bite in order to make a living. <br> <br><br><br><br><br><br>Booyaa To Ya'!<br><A HREF="http://www.booyaaclothing.com" target="_new">http://www.booyaaclothing.com</A> <br>Romero

Messages In This Thread
Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by booyaa - 06-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by MOBass - 06-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by Naomi - 06-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by Fishslayer - 06-24-2002, 06:42 AM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by 2nakiller - 06-24-2002, 09:58 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by troutman - 06-27-2002, 05:08 AM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by gvanzant - 07-01-2002, 06:57 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by davetclown - 07-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Re: Jackpot Etiquette - Breakdown - by booyaa - 07-05-2002, 08:26 PM