Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report 11-6-04
We monitor VHF but more specifically Marine Band 16 in our buildings, boats and vehicles. However one thing to consider is that during the fall, winter and early spring many of our responsibilities take us off park and away from the lake and we have to rely upon the Sheriff's Office dispatcher to contact us. The only way to reach him or her is with your phone. MB16 is monitored consistently during the summer months but only when we are in the area during all other times. Unfortunately we are not like Lake Powell with a permanent marine dispatcher. Cell phone is still the best. The Rich County Sheriff will also monitor MB16 when they are in the area.

We have had several comments about the lack of the bench. I will have to admit it was not very good fore thought on our part since it went down with the old building. However, we will replace it and place another bench in the restroom.

Regarding the traffic flow portion of the marina design, it looked great on paper and I will have to say that during the busiest of times in July, etc. it actually works very well; much better than before. However, there is one bottleneck and we recognize it. It is exactly where you described. We have found that unless we post a person there to keep people moving they will block traffic. Not sure why, but they do. So, we are going to try some new stripping and signs next year and give that a try. It is just something new and needs some getting used to.

I appreciate your comments and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visit more enjoyable.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Report 11-6-04 - by tomegun - 11-07-2004, 03:32 AM
Re: [BearLakeMack] Bear Lake Report 11-6-04 - by ParkRanger - 11-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Re: [tomegun] Bear Lake Report 11-6-04 - by MGB - 11-07-2004, 05:34 AM