Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walking on Scofiled today Report
Ron it was great fishing with you again and without question we share braggin' rights of the first to ice fishing Scofield this season. We'll mark a few more hot spots on the hard deck I'm sure, lol. I have to admit you iced more fishies, but I marked more hot spots, HA!
And wow what a nice sunny day huh? And the W wasnt much to deal with either.

I actually got there 30 minutes sooner than I expected and will report that the reservoir is completely covered with ice. As I passed the state park I could see that someone had wandered down the boat ramp to the boat docks then walked back up but I didnt seen one step of track leading onto the ice. After driving the length of the res. and not finding Ron I wandered down to the ice at the spot were we'd agreed to meet. First step was as expected, a tad soft at the shoreline (and you know that makes your butt pucker) but it held my 260lb. frame so I snuck a second step. The ice was ferm so knowing I was in shallow water I baby stepped it out about 20 feet and scuffed the skiff of snow off the ice to check the depth of the ice. Looked to be a couple inches, good enough! After wandering back up to the road I drove back to the north end of the pond to make sure Ron hadnt sneak in from the north then I drove back to the spot and got ready to pull my sled and gear to the ice. Just as I was about to start down to the ice Ron pulled up.
I wouldnt say Ron or myself were overly agressive work our way out. We stopped and made a couple test holes before finally dropping the ropes to our sleds.
I had lots on bites on several different setups but No doubt about it, paddle bugs and minnow was the hot ticket. although, I did twisted the heads of three using a roadrunnner tipped with crawler or minnow. I also took home 3 mid sized bows to chewing on just fer the fun of it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
walking on Scofiled today Report - by fuzzyfisher - 11-30-2004, 01:51 AM
Re: [fuzzyfisher] walking on Scofiled today Report - by Coldfooter - 11-30-2004, 01:58 PM