Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft Plastics for Ice Fishing?
[size 2]Hi guys and gals.
As some well know (by my nick name) I live for Ice fishing and have for over 40 years and I've use soft plastics in most forms (large and small) for years now. The simple fact is, fish dont care and/or probably arent aware that the water is ice capped or otherwise. If something draws their attention and holds it long enough they will strike.
I cant think of a single species I've caught here in Utah through the ice, (including Northerns), that I havent picked up on soft plastics in one form or another. Whats more, as many well know I like hunting Mac & Eye on the ice. Tubes, Twister tails, and Thumper tails are a few of my goto go-getters. A few days ago a friend of mine and I ice fished a well know but little used res. and we had 12-14" splake litterally chacing our 4" tube up inside the ice hole to grab it. So dont put your plastics away merely because the water is ice capped, the fish dont know it..

Good luck all![/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Soft Plastics for Ice Fishing? - by Coldfooter - 01-26-2005, 08:45 AM