Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filleting Perch - Pics
[cool][#0000ff]I have attached a pic of the fillet board I made from heavy particle board. I finished it with several coats of clear urethane and it has really held up well. It is too large for the sinks in the place we are living right now. I made it originally for handling big catfish, like the ones in the pic attached.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have since used it outside, like you do with yours. It is large enough to fit over one or two garbage cans, so you can dump the "remnants" down the hole into a plastic bag liner.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That's a bummer about being evicted from the kitchen. You must have really left a mess a couple of times. Some ladyfolks are just a tad bit sensitive about scales and blood all over everything. They also don't seem to be too wild about leaving fish guts in the garbage disposal for a couple of days, without running it. (been there, done that, but still avoided divorce) [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Filleting fish outside is not too bad in the summer, but this time of year you have to work fast to keep from having frozen fish to fillet. Of course, if you are filleting for Mikecromaine, he will freeze them for you before bringing them over.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Filleting Perch - Pics - by TubeDude - 02-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Re: [kastmaster] Filleting Perch - Pics - by TubeDude - 02-06-2005, 01:47 PM