Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouse Hunters how did you do?
Everyone that went post up and tell us how you did....

I had a big change of plans at the last minute. My friend that was going with me was moving all week and lost his kitchen pass for the weekend (go figure[Tongue]). So instead of going down by Fishlake I decided to head out to my old trusty area up by Strawberry. It was raining hard all day and I was guessing that the dirt road from Rays Valley up Diamond Fork to Strawberry Ridge would be a little messy. Little did I realize that this road was the least of my worries. We started up Diamond Fork and right past the campground there was a good deal of mud on the road that came out of the gulley. "Boy it really must of rained hard up here" I kept going and it was getting more mud and rocks the further we went.

Here is a picture of one of the spots.
[inline "Grouse 05 road 1.jpg"]

We was still able to get through them in with minimal problems, until we came upon this.

[inline "Grouse 05 road 2.jpg"]
[inline "Grouse 05 Road 3.jpg"]

The guy tried to go around the slide and we are guessing that the trailer tire hit the big rock in the last picture and it slid the trailer off of the road.

The worst part about it was some forest service fire crew came down and stopped the guy from working on getting it out. "Safety reasons" So we sat and waited for the Sheriff to show up. We he showed up he said do what ever you want to get it out. So they went back to work and got it back on the road right when the wrecker got there. This was a small 3 1/2 hour delay so we ended up camping off of the sheep creek road by the Rays Valley bridge.

We woke up early and got the wheeler and headed to the top of Strawberry ridge. We hiked 1 mile into my spot seeing tons of berries and promising areas but no birds. We hiked through the pines and no birds. We hiked the quakies and no birds. So we did not get a thing but we had a good time. I don't know if the rain made the birds hold tight and without a dog we could not get them to flush.

We had a good time thought and even drove down the road and had a drink "Creme Soda" to the spot I killed my deer last year.

Here is a picture of us when we got back to wheeler after our hike. We hunt down in the pines and quakes you see below.

[inline "Grouse Hunt 05.jpg"]

So lets here it from everyone and see how it went.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Grouse Hunters how did you do? - by kidsnme - 09-12-2005, 02:28 PM