Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Snag Fish
a similar thing happened to me one winter, I hooked in to a pike on ultra light riging and since I was using light riging I had to finesse him in.

well about 4 holes across from me another angler hooks in to a big fish, we battle are battling our fish for 20 minutes and we had drawn quite a few on lookers to see what all the action and hootin and hollaring was all about. we continued for another 10 minutes and I was loosing head way. about an hour in to the battle the guy in the other hole hollars he's got it in. he starts to un hook his fish and hallars hey I ve got some body elses set up, I hollared back I will give a couple jerks and if its mine just cut the line and bring my jig back.

sure enough it was my rig, by that time we had 40 people standing around in a circle around us we were about 50 - 70 feet apart. a by stander hollars out, "I didnt know Laural and Hardy were fishing today" and that was all it took for the whole bunch to bust out laughing and spillin beer. [sly][laugh]

the other guy did give me back my jig and said thanks for wearing him out for me...LOL
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
The Big Snag Fish - by Snags_Alot - 01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Re: [DanielJRioux] The Big Snag Fish - by Snags_Alot - 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Re: [Snags_Alot] The Big Snag Fish - by davetclown - 01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Re: [Snags_Alot] The Big Snag Fish - by maddawg - 01-27-2006, 08:40 PM