Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big Snag Fish
I think sharing a fish or catching a breakaway is only a matter of time for everyone. I have had many tangles with other people, particularly surf fishing along the South African Natal coast during shad (bluefish) season, when they run in giant shoals all the way from the Cape Province to Natal province, a distance of a few hunred miles.
The beaches turn into snaking fishing pole forests and tangling is anavoidable.
Last fall I was bass fishing in a small private lake in upstate NY, spinning a Panther Martin along a brush line. I noticed a stir in the water and flipped the Martin to come across the activity, but no luck After a few more goes, I gave up and decided to move on to a different spot. As I walked by the spot where i had spotted the movement, I noticed there was still activity there, but it stayed in one spot. I crept to the edge of the bank and whaddya know - there was a breakaway LMB snagged in some branches dangling in the water. I waded in, grabbed the line and pulled him to me.
A 2lb LMB with someone else's Rapala still stuck in its mouth and a couple of feet of line.

-ABT-
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
The Big Snag Fish - by Snags_Alot - 01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Re: [DanielJRioux] The Big Snag Fish - by Snags_Alot - 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Re: [davetclown] The Big Snag Fish - by AdictedBassTard - 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Re: [Snags_Alot] The Big Snag Fish - by maddawg - 01-27-2006, 08:40 PM