Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek 1/27/06 "Rainbow Suprise"
Me and a few friends fished SC today. We did not get on the lake as early as planned because of snowmobile problems half way down the trail. We towed it pack to the truck and headed back out. We fished in about 20-25 feet of water and we were fairly close to the shore. We ended up catching around 40 today with the main bait of choice being Chartruse and Green glow Paddle bugs tipped with minnows and Bananas[Wink]. All of the Cuts were in the slot with 3 nice fat 20 inchers. I finally found the elusive Rainbow. It was 18 inches and Fat. We had a 4wheeler on the ice with no problems, but it is a Honda..
The bit was very lite and most of the time you would lift it off the bottom and fill just the dead weight of a fish that scooped it off the bottom. I only fished out of 2 holes today and I only moved the second time so we could set up the tent to get out of the snow.

I also did my fishy good deed for the day: I caught one Cut that had a treble hook sticking out of its butt and the leader that was still sticking out of its mouth had a swivel attached that had snaged the treble hook. So I cut line by its mouth and pulled the hook and line out its rear.

Also I fished the same area on Wednesday and it was a little slower but I spent most of that day trying to fix the pull rope on the auger and helping the kids.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Soldier Creek 1/27/06 "Rainbow Suprise" - by kidsnme - 01-28-2006, 03:19 AM