Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pointing in the right direction

Hey there davetclown,

No problem on the spinning unless someone pulled the plug and you're circling the drain.

The way you indicated fishing from the tube is the way I usually do it unless I'm messing with two different rods and they are rigged to fish two different ways.

On the wind concerns, experience will have you doing the following regarding prevaling wind strength and direction, strong ebb flows, and rogue currents. Keep in mind the following:

1) Does the area you want to fish have any of the above elements and when?
2) Keep an eye on a place of safety you can scurry to in case of emergency.
3) Are you phyiscally OK to fight adverse conditions over a distance if needed?
4) Remember it is easer to carry ALL your gear on land a mile than it is to try to flip your return of a 1/4 mile in adverse conditions.

One other thing: Just because you have an anchor, (standard) ignoring the use of a sea anchor, doesn't mean you can stop travel. There ain't no emergency brake on a tube. Be careful about using an anchor because if you mis-calculate and the current or wind increases suddenly, you may be rudely made aware of the fact that your tube can be dragged off center,under cresting waves or pitched if the anchor gets hung up and or you can't keep the thing from hanging on the bottom. Scary My %^$#@, you just might drown! Mother nature can be humbling.

Hope this helps,

tsurikichi
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
pointing in the right direction - by davetclown - 01-20-2003, 07:22 AM
Re: [davetclown] pointing in the right direction - by JapanRon - 01-21-2003, 03:53 AM