Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOT Tarpon Action!!
Thanks TubeDude!! Glad to hear that you're enjoying my reports.

This years tarpon season has been a strange one. It got started early and has had its ups and downs. The Haulover area was OK this year, however, it was slow compared to last years season. The good thing was that the fish were much larger than is normal for that time of the year. We had several evenings when the shrimp ran and there were no fish to be found and that is strange. The tarpon are real good at finding the shrimp.

Government Cut has finally exploded like it should be. It's only going to get better and the fish are going to get bigger. April and May are great months if you ever wanted to catch a tarpon that weighed 100 pounds or more. They are real hard fighting fish and I have seen many anglers get totally exhausted fighting them. Afterwards, most anglers say that they'd rather catch several 50 pound fish instead of the real big one. The big ones just beat you up badly.

Our water temperatures have been as high as 78, which is above normal for this time of year. We had a cold front (anglers from up north call them cool fronts) come through and push the water temperature down to 74. In the Bay, it was down to 72.5. Anything above 70 is great. Below 70 and they get lockjaw and it becomes very difficult to get them to feed.

I'll keep posting as often as my schedule will allow me so that the reports can be as current as possible.

Thanks,
Captain Dave Kostyo
Knot Nancy Fishing Charters
305 620-5896 Charter
305 965-9454 Cell
www.knotnancy.com
nkostyo@bellsouth.net
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
HOT Tarpon Action!! - by KnotNancy - 03-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Re: [KnotNancy] HOT Tarpon Action!! - by TubeDude - 03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Re: [TubeDude] HOT Tarpon Action!! - by KnotNancy - 03-28-2006, 02:06 PM