Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TUBEDUDE'S LURES
[cool] Yes and no. The Kastmasters, Cleos and Krocodiles are for sale everywhere. The prism tape and eyes are also available from many sources. But, do I sell them put together? No.

However, as a few folks have already found out, I will send the detailed instructions for making and fishing them, by email or PM on this site.

The good news is that the prism taping thing is not hard. You start with 3/8 oz or 1/2 oz Kastmasters...bigger for macks. Buy a couple of packs of prism tape and cut it into long strips, of the width you want to use. Then, measure off the length you want to apply, and cut the strips to that length. Note: you will have two different lengths on Kastmasters.

Next, before removing the backing from the sticky surface, trim the rectangular pieces to the approximate size and shape you need. Then, using the point of a knife blade, lift the top edge of the covering off the sticky edge and peel it back. Try to keep from touching the sticky coating too much with your fingers. Carefully start the top edge and progressively stick the tape in place.

I use a sharp craft knife or razor blade to trim the "hangover" around the edges. Your first few attempts may not look great to you, but the color and flash they add makes a super lure for the fishies.

Oh yeah, the eyes. I usually paint my own, but you can find stick on eyes in the same place you find prism tape...sometimes. Try Jann's Netcraft if you can't get them elsewhere. You can also glue on some of those little craft eyes from hobby shops. The pupil rattles around and may add extra fish attracting noise. You can use either white eyes or chartreuse. I have also used some with hot red. Bright colors are good in murky or cold water...and in deep water or low light conditions.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by TubeDude - 01-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Re: [TubeDude] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by TubeDude - 01-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Re: [TubeDude] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by BryanE - 01-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Re: [BryanE] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by Teroy - 01-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Re: [Teroy] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by TubeDude - 01-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Re: [TubeDude] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by PescadorUtah - 01-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Re: [PescadorUtah] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by TubeDude - 01-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Re: [TubeDude] TUBEDUDE'S LURES - by FishFearMe - 01-23-2003, 09:56 PM