Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon update 3/31/06
Well, I went to East canyon today with a buddy to see if the ice-off has began. Sorry to say she's locked up tight. see pictures.

So we ventured up to Echo to see if we could fish there. Same story different chapter. Ice all around.

The ice at East Canyon was still pretty thick. We threw some rocks out and they just bounced. There is a little break up along the bank from the water going down but no where near fishable. It looked rough but some of the crazies could probably still ice fish it. NOT ME.
The Ice at Echo was looking worse. It looked pretty soft in a few areas and we got 2 out of 3 rocks to go through. The new ice along the edges is only about 1/2" thick.
I would think Echo will be fishable from the bank in about a week and maybe two or three for East canyon. If it gets warm!

We then continued out to willard to try for some crappie. Still no luck. While there was no ice around there didn't seem to be any fish either. We tried the private docks and then along the dike to the mouth of the N marina. There were a few other guys out there and I didn't see any fish caught. If any of you were watching the camera, I was the guy with the brown jacket and red hat out on the end of the docks.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
East Canyon update 3/31/06 - by Elkoholic - 03-31-2006, 09:09 PM