Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't forget those wheel bearings!!!!
some good advise,i aways carry a hand pump grease gun,after i unload,then load my boat i give them a shot of grease,very cheap insurance,after traveling,the wheel bearing get warm,sometimes hot depending on distance,speed you travel,when you back into the water,the hub will suck water in,because of the temp differenceyou would be suprise how much water get pushed out when you do this.i also picked up a spare hub,complete and ready to go,i keep it behind the seat of my truck in a couple of pastic shopping bags nothing worse than being stuck on the side of the road.

while checking bearings,if its not smooth and shiny,replace them,even one small rust pit will destroy a bearing,also look at the race,the other side of the bearing in the hub,make sure thats smooth and shiny,if not replace,this will need a little effort,a long punch and hammer,also if either the bearing or race has a blued color,this means it got hot at one time,replace because the "basket"which holds the bearing in will streach and fall apart
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tarpon4me] Don't forget those wheel bearings!!!! - by tomc - 04-07-2006, 09:55 AM