Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hammering the rainbows + cuts at strawberry
GORGEATTIC, After ice out, the fish, especially trout, hang right oh the shoreline, alot of times in less than 10 feet of water. This is one reason the shore fishermen do so well. To catch these fish trolling, you need to put lures where the fish are. Planer boards or in line planer boards are the way to do this. I run my board sometomes 8 feet from the bank!I use small FLOATING crankbaits, jointed Rapalas, #7 or #5, Clown,chartruse, or flo. red. They only run about 4 feet deep so they rarely get hung up. I run different baits as they get closer to the boat. I like to flatline taildancers, little rippers or Grappleshads right off the boat.Try to cover as many depths as you can in your spread. This is something that is not easy to do with popgear or spoons. I know a lot of guys dont run Bass lures for trout, but they really are effective. You really need to be right on the shoreline, Hope this helps.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [GORGEATTIC] hammering the rainbows + cuts at strawberry - by jacksonlaker - 05-08-2006, 02:57 AM