Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renegade 5/11
[cool]It's alright about not showing up, dude. Sorry to hear about your car. That really sucks. You didn't miss much action at Chicken Creek East. Just solitude and slow fishing. I was going to go kittie/eye chasing at the big brown pond but the forcrash was calling for 11 mph winds and that doesn't bode well for tubers, so off to 'da berry I went!

When I launched my tube at 8:30 there was a thin layer of ice right at the edge of the shore and my sonar (before the battery died after charging it two nights before) was registering 41 degrees. Can you say BURRRRRR!!!! It was water temps for the hardcore tuber (i.e. TubeDude), but somehow I managed to fish for til about 12:00 till my feet were numb, sonar battery dead, and only two fish to the tube, a 22 incher and a 20 incher (all cuts, no 'bows for the grill). They did seem to put up a better fight than cuts usually do though, so that was fun.

After that, I decided to pack up and go over to the Aspen Grove area and try some bait chucking from shore for some 'bows and to see if I could get any crawdads in my traps. Caught neither. I had a fish on for about 10 seconds but he got off, and even with raw chicken legs in my traps, I didn't get one 'dad. Didn't see any in the water either. Learned something about 'dads yesterday though. They are no where near the shore at this time of the year. Guess they come in closer when the water temps warm up like in June or so. That really surprised me.

All in all it was a good stress relief to get up there into the nice fresh mountain air, stretch my string a bit, and forget about all of my stress and troubles. It was a good day!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Renegade 5/11 - by tlspyder13 - 05-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Re: [tlspyder13] Renegade 5/11 - by FishingWaters - 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Re: [tlspyder13] Renegade 5/11 - by Out4Trout - 05-12-2006, 07:22 PM