Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
island lake near duluth
I was on island lake about 2 weeks ago. 2 of us caught our limits of walleyes and threw alot more small ones back. Even the ones we kept were not real impressive, mostly between 15 and 17 inches. I have always been told that there are some real big hog walleyes in there, but have not caught one myself yet. I also talked to someone who was out there last friday and they said that caught alot of real small ones but only a couple of keepers.

I don't know if you are staying specifically on island lake, but if you are not and are will to drive a bit I have been told that the walleye bite on whiteface has been excellent lately and that is about 30 minutes north of island lake. Also I heard fish lake right near there has been producing.

If you are fishing deeper water you should use leeches on a floating jig about 1.5 feet up from the sinker. If you are in 14 feet or less I would recommend #5 shad raps 6-9 foot divers in a firetiger pattern.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
island lake near duluth - by fishfinder462 - 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Re: [fishfinder462] island lake near duluth - by UpNorthMN - 09-06-2006, 06:52 PM