Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So with Spring..........
[cool]To you first time boat owners,On your bearing buddys,dont over fill them you will blow out the seal in the back,Just fill them tell the spring moves or tell you can move the filler around,from side to side,made the mistake in my younger days and locked up a bearing on a strawberry trip.You should check them each spring and should only need to be filled once a year.Check lower end oil in your outboard,change spark plugs in your outboard,start it up in your drive way to make sure she's gonna start,make sure you hook up water before you start it,you will tear your impellar to pieces,I always put my outboard in gear and turn the prop a full turn,to break the impellar free,I have ripped the ends right off of it , it has set all winter and need to be broke lose,And make sure if you own an outboard,carry a set of plugs with you,I have been out the first trip and fouled brand new plugs with old gas,Now I always put stabilizer in my tank when putting away for winter.

Hope this helps someone,

TIGHT LINES,

TONY[cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
So with Spring.......... - by Teroy - 02-17-2003, 02:59 AM
Re: [Old_Coot] So with Spring.......... - by FISHNFOOL102 - 02-17-2003, 07:32 PM