Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Year Old FAt Cat
My Outcast Tube has been a delight for almost seven years now. Other than some stitching letting go this summer. (Which was easily fixed.) it has been infallible. Recently, however, there is a situation which is more of an annoyance than a serious problem. If I pump up my right pontoon. (One I had to restitch) it stays very tight and rigid. The left one starts out that way and then backs off to about 2 or 3 pumps with the hand pump and stays that way. I've been carrying a piece of hose to fit over the valve so I can top it up on the water by mouth but in reality I could ignore it and just keep on truckin' as it never loses any more air. It's just that when I press that nice tight right pontoon, it bugs me that I have to add air to get the other one to that state. (Of course you can never equal by mouth the pressure that is attained by using the dual action pump.)

I have had the bladder in the bathtub and there is no evidence of a pinhole leak, although with it being impossible to completely remove the bladder, the area immediately around the valve stem probably didn't get a very thorough check. In my weaker moments I visualize myself "Gooping" the valve stem area.

Anyone ever experience a similar problem with any of your float tubes?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
7 Year Old FAt Cat - by smallmouth89 - 11-04-2006, 04:34 PM