Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Year Old FAt Cat
[black][size 3]Hey smallmouth89,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I think the first place to start looking would be that valve. It sounds like it only has a problem with a certain pressure level - i.e. when the air pressure reaches a certain point, the valve fails until that pressure is reduced to the point that the valve functions again.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Check that valve and clean it really well. You could have anything from dust/dirt/silt to moss/algea or even mildew. I would use some kind of lint free alcohol swab for that. But I would be hesitant to use a cotton Q-tip as they do shed cotton fibers when used. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Also, I once had an animal hair(from one of my hounds or maybe even from my cat) lodged in one of my valves(on a white water raft), that was really hard to see, but it was preventing a complete seal. Once I found it, and got it out of there, the valve work as it was supposed to.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Since you can't submerge it, pump it up real well and then try using a good dish soap/detergent solution around the valve area and look for bubbles. It could also be the seam where the valve is attached - that could be fixed with some kind of silicone sealant or flexible adhesive.[/size]
[black][size 3]Just a couple of ideas to ponder.[/size][/black]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
7 Year Old FAt Cat - by smallmouth89 - 11-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Re: [smallmouth89] 7 Year Old FAt Cat - by Fishhound - 11-04-2006, 05:03 PM