Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Year Old FAt Cat
[cool][#0000ff]I believe the same. I have now fished my Super Fat Cat for over 3 years. That is the longest I have ever kept any craft in the "active file". I either sell off the old ones, to discount my new rides or "download" them to family or needy newbies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It ain't just a matter of new ride syndrome either. Safety is a BIG issue. No matter how good the quality of your ride, things do wear out and break down over the years...especially when subjected to lots of water, sun and varying temperatures. It is just a bit more comforting to know that you are floating on new materials and not have to constantly listen for bubbles or watch for a sagging cover on your air chamber. The worst case scenario, of course, would be to have a seam on your bladder suddenly give way and dump you into the water. Two air chambers make that less likely, but not impossible.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, does Katie know about your "five year replacement plan"? Hope it only applies to float tubes and pontoons.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
7 Year Old FAt Cat - by smallmouth89 - 11-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Re: [Carp_Punisher] 7 Year Old FAt Cat - by TubeDude - 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM