Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Sashimi price hits $49.99 a pound
You want to know the funny thing about that? Tuna doesn't make the best sashimi, Wahoo does. I lived on Guam for a couple of years, and I came to find that a fresh small Wahoo makes the most delicious Sashimi, way better than even the highest grade Ahi'. We use to rent the boats from the Navy base there on the island. We'd always come back with atleast a dozen wahoo, many in the 50 pound range. I always gloated since a 50 pound wahoo around there was a trophy. With a little Eastern US tactics, I was plowing a 70+ pounder atleast once or twice a week, on top of the consistent dozen or more I caught every trip. I was on the fishermans Co-op there on the island, so I sold the majority of the larger fish, which paid for the gas, boat, and beer. We usually kept one of the medium sized ones to steak out, and we'd keep a runt to make into sashimi. There was a little resteraunt/bar/marina close to the navy base on the south side of the island; damn, I can't remember it's name. But we use to tip the cook a ten spot and he'd take that runt and cut the entire thing up for us into sashimi. That's alot of cutting for only a 10 dollar tip. We even gave the dude a couple steaks off the big daddy to take home for his family.

I'm telling you, if you haven't tried Wahoo prepared like sashimi, you're missing out. And not just missing out a little, but A WHOLE LOT!!!!!!!!!! LOL[cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [StanWright] Hawaii Sashimi price hits $49.99 a pound - by Tarpon4me - 12-31-2006, 03:16 AM