Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diameter or Color? What's really matters?
I totally agree with you on all your points. I also like to be able to see my main line, especially when i'm trolling. Sometimes the lures I drag tend to get offcourse and that can cause a mess.

The reason I didn't include Flourocarbon leaders into the conversation is because they are, infact, the obvious choice in alot of situations. They are, with out question, the best choice for a low visability leader.

But, I was targeting this question more towards the less complicated angler. I would say 2/3 of all anglers have never used a flourocarbon leader or spooled up a top shot of mono on their braid line. That same number probably also don't know how to attach 2 types of line together anyhow. That same 2/3 of anglers are still concered with obtaining knowledge to increase their "body count." This could easily be done by selecting the correct color and diameter line for the application. There really is no right or wrong answer, as you stated before; we have no idea what the fish are really thinking. However, we can use our own personal experiance in hopes of maybe clarifying some of the rumors about line. [cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Fishhound] Diameter or Color? What's really matters? - by Tarpon4me - 01-17-2007, 03:01 PM