Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A KEEPER
[cool]Thanks for the input, JR. Nate is finishing up some advanced degree work in the Provo, Utah area. Only saltwater in the vacinity is Salt Lake. Takes a pretty small pattern to get into the brine shrimp there. I'm sure he would love to move his magic wand over some of the beasties you and I know and love. Probably have to have the Smile surgically removed from his kisser.

Hey, Bro. I tie some pretty mean flies myself. Let me know if there are any special kind of creations you would like to try and we can collaborate on some new patterns. I make some mean shad parterns that I'm sure would hammer So. Cal's fishies. And, I used to make lots of shrimp imitations that got me lots of big perch and corbina in the suds.

I take my 9 weight to the Sea of Cortez for those toothy nasties down there too. I don't think pattern is all too important when they are feeding. Anything with some white in it will get bit. Green and yellow, black and white, blue and white, red and white and all white with a red head are some of the better offerings.

I even make a velcro-bodied fly, for playing with the needlefish. They have long beaks full of teeth and are difficult to hook. But, when they chomp down on a body by velcro, their teeth get hung up. You can at least get a couple of high jumps out of them and sometimes bring them all the way to the tube. However, they are like arrows with teeth, so you don't want them too close to your inflatable.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A KEEPER - by TubeDude - 02-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Re: [TubeDude] A KEEPER - by JapanRon - 02-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Re: [JapanRon] A KEEPER - by TubeDude - 02-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Re: [TubeDude] A KEEPER - by JapanRon - 02-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Re: [JapanRon] A KEEPER - by TubeDude - 02-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Re: [TubeDude] A KEEPER - by JapanRon - 03-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Re: [TubeDude] A KEEPER - by Baytuber - 03-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Re: [Baytuber] A KEEPER - by TubeDude - 03-01-2003, 01:34 AM